Amazon is looking for individuals who can thrive in a fast-paced environment that involves working with and around moving machinery. Fulfillment centers are where associates bring Amazon orders to life for our customers.
Commuting between Kentucky and Indiana? We'll pay your tolls. Save money on gas! TARC bus 71 stops right in front of our building!
Amazon Fulfillment centers can be as large as 28 football fields and can hold millions of items, ready for our customers to order by the click of a button. You will work with lots of fellow Amazonians—and meet even more great people during the holiday seasons. The items shipped in each warehouse can range in size from books and cosmetics to kayaks and flat screen televisions.
As an Amazon associate, there are a variety of jobs you can be trained in and asked to do. These include stowing items into a bin, picking customer orders, packing these orders, sorting items and placing packages on to trucks.
Our Amazon Robotics facilities use automation to help you quickly serve our customers by having an Amazon robotic unit bring products to your workstation. In traditional buildings, you do the moving by walking to the product. Some buildings rely upon powered industrial trucks (PIT) equipment such as double pallet stackers, stand-up lifts, and order pickers which lift you up as high as 40 feet.
You will be expected to have an understanding of all aspects of your role and to follow specific safety, quality and production standards in order to meet the customer demand. Below is a guide to gain a better understanding of our building types so you can make the right choice for you. Understanding our building types will ensure you and our teams are set up for success so that we can continue to make history together.
We offer amazing benefits, including:
• Health care benefits, starting day one
• 401(k) with company match
• Holiday and overtime pay
• Paid time off
• Maternity and Parental leave benefits
• Restricted Stock Units (RSUs)
• Employee discount
• We’ll support your educational and career goals with our Career Choice program.
• Flexible work schedules for associates who are in school.
We want you to join the team if you can check these boxes:
• You must have obtained a high school diploma or equivalent.
• You must be at least 18 years old.
• Flexibility to work any shift, willing and able to work overtime as required
• You must be able to lift up to 49 pounds, stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours a day and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach, all with or without reasonable accommodation.
• You’re able to continuously climb and descend stairs safely.
• You are comfortable working on a secure mezzanine at a height of up to 40 feet.
• You must be willing and able to work on powered industrial trucks, such as a forklift or order picker.