Seasonal Delivery Driver
WE RAISED THE BAR ON WAGES
All U.S. employees earn at least $15/hour.
Amazon Logistics (AMZL) delivers packages and smiles to Amazon customers every day. We're looking for motivated, customer-focused individuals who want to join our team delivering packages.
As a Delivery Driver, you will deliver packages to homes, retail locations, and other delivery locations under tight deadlines. In this position, you will play a key role in keeping our commitment to exceed customer expectations and make sure customer orders, large or small, are delivered on time at the right place.
Flexibility is key. Routes may vary and may be delayed due to traffic from on road congestion, construction, or other factors. There is a set core schedule, but there may be adjustments, including additional hours and potential schedule changes depending on time of the year and peak seasons.
• High-school diploma or equivalent.
• Prior professional driving experience.
• Prior experience representing a well-regarded consumer brand with professionalism.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license in your state of residence.
• Must be proficient in English sufficient to meet US DOT standard of ability to read road signs and communicate with regulatory personnel.
• Must hold high ethical standards at all times.
• Must have a proven track record of reliability.
• Must be self-motivated and able to work in a self-directed environment with an upbeat attitude.
• Adhere to strict safety and quality standards on and off the road.
• Interact in a positive and a professional manner with customer and general public while delivering products to customers' homes, retail, and business locations.
• Follow up on customer requests or problems with solution-oriented approach keeping customer informed of delivery progress.
• Use handheld technology to deliver customer packages, manage delivery progress, and solve obstacles.
• Sort and prepare a delivery route to meet customer promise.
• Ensure delivery vehicle is clean, fueled, and in good operating condition at all times.
• Assist in training other team members.
• Carry out in delivery station activities including sortation and general tasks, where appropriate.
• Ability to climb in and out of the delivery van.
• Ability to walk up and down stairs as required to deliver packages according to established procedures in all weather conditions.
• Ability to lift, bend, reach above the head, kneel, crouch, and/or stretch during shifts up to 12 hours long.
• Ability to operate and navigate a 10,000-lb van.
• Ability to effectively operate a GPS.
• Ability to lift, push, pull and move boxes up to 70 lbs each.
• Ability to work with a team in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
• Excellent attention to detail with skill set to problem solve independently.
• Demonstrate strong communication skills.
Amazon is an Affirmative Action-Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation