Sorry, this job has expired.
Sort it. Wrap it. Ship it. Own it. Sounds a little like a game, but it’s Amazon’s game – that is, if you’re in one of our high-speed, high-tech sortation centers. Ready to play? Join the team today!
Amazon is looking for a Part-Time Sortation Associate to join the team at our sortation center in Nashville, TN, with a pay rate of $12.75 per hour.
Things you should know about working in an Amazon Sortation center:
• Safety: it’s more than wearing a reflective vest. We’re committed to providing one of the safest work environments, which means stretching, safety tips, and yes… following the rules.
• Customer-obsession. It makes our day to make someone else happy.
• Quality is key. We have high standards, and it shows in our work. We’ll hold you to those, but only because we know our associates can handle it.
• Can you hear me now? Noise level varies and can sometimes be loud.
• Cool with Casual. A relaxed dress code means it’s Casual Friday, every day.
• We like to keep you on your toes. Associates will rotate tasks multiple times throughout the week.
• Amazon lets customers order whatever they need, whenever they need. Flexibility is key, so associates should be open to extra hours, time off, and a rapid pace.
• Temperature in the sort center may vary between 60 and 90 degrees, and will occasionally exceed 90 degrees.
Let’s sweeten the deal…
• Weekly pay schedule
• Holiday overtime pay
• Basic Life, AD&D insurance after 30 days
• On-the-job training and skill development
• Employee Assistance Program
We want you to join the team if you can check these boxes:
• You’ve thrown your cap in the air – you have a High School diploma or equivalent.
• You’ve blown out the candles – you are at least 18 years old.
• You have English literacy skills.
• You can flex, and not just your muscles – you don’t mind a curve ball every once in a while and you can be flexible with responsibilities.
• You are willing and able to work extra hours as required – bringing smiles to our customers doesn’t take time off.
• You are able to lift up to 49 pounds, stand and/or walk for up to 10-12 hours, and frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach with or without reasonable accommodation.
• You can continuously climb and descend stairs safely.
• You are able to work on a secure mezzanine at a height of up to 40 feet.
• You must be willing and able to work on powered equipment such as a forklift or cherry picker.
Got it? Okay, but what will you actually be doing?
• Sorting packages based on size and destination. It can be a little like Tetris with boxes, envelopes and pallets.
• Standing in one place for extended periods of time, and walking a good distance around the facility – good shoes are a must!
• Building and wrapping pallets, transporting pallets with a pallet jack, and sorting packages and pallets. Did someone say pallets?
• Handling packages from small envelopes to boxes ranging up to 49 pounds.
• Operating carts, dollies, hand trucks and other moving equipment to move large quantities of merchandise.
• Potentially operating PIT equipment. Special training is offered to associates based on interest and availability.
• Manually wrapping finished pallets, which means moving in a sideways, circular motion several times in a row. You’ve got your head on straight, we think you can handle it.
If you’ve read this far, we think you’re ready. Agree? Apply now!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation